The candidates who have qualified through NEET UG 2017 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and are domicile to the State of West Bengal and want to participate in the pre counseling and counseling in West Bengal Under Graduate Medical and Dental State Quota and Private College Management Quota seats 2017, will have to register online.
The pre-counseling phase is introduced to prepare the State Wise Merit list of West Bengal for participation in the State Quota UG Medical and Dental counseling 2017 from candidates who become qualified through NEET UG 2017 and are domicile to the State of West Bengal.
The types of domicile proforma uploaded in the websites www.wbhealth. gov.in and www.wbmcc.nic.in are described herewith:-
Proforma a1: Residential/Domicik Certificate for candidates residing in the State of West Bengal continuously for at least last 10 years as on 31st December of 2016.
Proforma a2: Residential/Domicile Certificate for candidates residing in the State of West Bengal continuously for at least last 10 years as on 31st December of 2016 where the candidate has passed 10+2 Examination in the year 2017 or before /will appear in final of 10+2 Examination in the year 2017.
Proforma b: Residential/Domicile Certificate for candidates NOT residing in the State of WB but whose parent/s permanent resident/s of West Bengal having their permanent home address within West Bengal on 31st December of 2016.
For candidates furnishing proforrna b, the parent whose domicile is placed must also produce original Voter ID card or Aadhar Card or Passport (any two of the three es mentioned herewith) for additional proof of domicile during the stage of document verification where the said ID cards show that the residential address is in West Bengal.
Eligibility Criteria for Registration
Thus the following things are required to be informed by the candidates who qualified through NEET UG 2017 in pre counseling:
1. Domicile status of the candidate: – if the candidate or parentis is domicile for WB then he/she is eligible to participate in WB State Quota seats and Private College Management Quota seats both. If the candidate or parents is not domicile of WB then the candidate is eligible to participate its counseling for Private Management Quota seats only.
2. Caste status of candidate:- if the candidate is SC or ST or OBC as per filled up form in CBSE and the result handed over to the Dept of Health and Family Welfare Govt of WB by MOHFW GOI then the candidate will have to answer whether the certificate WAS ISSUED BY AUTHORITY IN West Bengal. If the answer to the question is YES, then the candidate is able to fill choice for reserved seats as per rule. The OBC candidates in WB will be asked to mention whether their sub caste belongs to OBC A or OBC B. if the answer to the question is NO, then the candidate is treated as Unreserved for allotment of seats in State Quota Counseling as there is no central institute in WB. It may happen that some of the unreserved candidates in Central list actually belongs to OBC status in West Bengal no similar questions to identify the caste in WB and eligibility accordingly has to be determined.
3. Physically challenged status has been received as YES . NO but to determine degree of disability the following question to the candidate who has stated PC status as Yes in MOHFW handed over list of NEET UG 2017, loco motor disability of lower limb 50-70% is considered first for allotment in PH seats and called as PH followed by locomotor disability of lower limb 40 to less than 50% called as PH2.
4. All candidates must have passed in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English individually with UR candidates must obtain 50% marks taken together Physics , Chemistry and Biology; with PH candidates 45% or above; for SC/ST/OBC A or OBC B candidates 40% or above.
After the above information is furnished by the candidate, if the candidate is eligible for fee payment then he/she will be directed to the online payment gateway where he/she can pay the ONE TIME NON REFUNDABLE pre counseling and counseling fee ONLINE only through credit card/debit card or net banking facilities.
Next step of action to be taken for candidates is to go for physical verification at RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata or Medkal College, Kolkata or IPGMER, Kolkata as will be indicated in the print out taken after online payment by the candidate with precise date and time of verification.
Counselling Registration Fees
Counseling fees online Rs 2000/- for Unreserved candidates or Rs 1500/- for SC/ST/OBC A/OBC B/PH candidates. Bank transaction cost extra to be borne by the candidate concerned.
Once the fee is paid the candidate will receive transaction ID if fee was paid successfidly and has to take a print out of it for fume correspondence. A final submission form will be generated which is needed to be printed by the concerned candidate.
Schedule for Online Registration
The date and time of online information submission and fee payment is between 12 noon of 11.07.2017 (Tuesday) till midnight of 16.07.2017 (Sunday). No further request of extension of time for information submission and fee payment will be entertained. If the candidate fails to participate in pre counseling then there is no chance to participate in counseling or seat allotment or admission later on.
The verification process will be from 13-15 July 2017 and 17-21 July 2017 from 9 am till 4 pm at the concerned institutes as mentioned earlier.
The State of West Bengal Merit list as per applied and verified candidate NEET All India Rank will be prepared and published in the website after 6 pm of 21.07.2017 Separate list for State Quota and Private College Management Quota will be provided.
Documents required for verification
The documents (in original and self attested photocopy) that are essentially required during the verification are:
- a. Domicile certificate (Al,A2 or B) as the case may be.
- b. Voter card/Aadhar card/Passport of parentis in case of domicile certificate of parent is given showing address as West Bengal (any 2 of the three ID cards as mentioned above).
- c. caste certificate as applicable.
- d. PH certificate issued from IPGMER Kolkata as applicable.
- e. Payment of counseling fees proof f Age proof ( age should be 17 years by 31.12.2017)
- g. Class 10+2 made sheet for verification of marks.
- h. Medical Certificate from Registered Allopathic Medical Practitioner).