MHT CET 2016 or the MH CET 2016 is the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test. MHT CET 2016 is being organized by the State Common Entrance Test Cell for admission to under graduate degree courses in health sciences, engineering and technology, pharmacy. Students who are appearing in HSC or already passed, and satisfy eligibility conditions can submit MHT CET 2016 / MH CET 2016 application form. Candidates will be issued admit cards to appear in the exam. MHT CET 2016 exam date, application form, admit card, exam pattern, result and all other details have been announced by the Government of Maharashtra. Get all the details of MHT CET 2016 / MH CET 2016 here.
MHT CET 2016 / MH CET 2016
About the exam – Maharashtra Common Entrance Test 2016 is held for UG degree programmes in health sciences (MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BUMS, BPTh, BOTh, BASLP, BPO, B.Sc Nursing, BVSc and AH), engineering (BE, B.Tech), pharmacy (B.Pharm, Pharm.D). It is known as MHT CET / MH CET. It is a common entrance examination on state level to determine merit for admission to first-year in above programmes.
MHT CET 2016 Application Form – MH CET 2016 Application Form will be released on March 1, 2016. Details of the examination are notified at dmer.org, dtemaharashtra.gov.in, and mhtcet2016.co.in.
MHT CET 2016 Important Dates – MH CET 2016 Important Dates have been notified by the authorized exam conducting body. These dates are of relevant events of the common entrance test. Such as first and last dates to submit MH CET 2016 Application Form, availability of MH CET 2016 Admit Card and date of the exam. After exam, important events include release of MH CET 2016 Answer Key and declaration of MH CET 2016 Result. All these, and more important events of the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test are elaborated in the table below.
|MHT CET Application Form 2016 submission starts on||March 1, 2016|
|Last date to apply||March 22, 2016|
|Last date for acceptance of fee at bank||March 28, 2016|
|MHT CET Admit Card 2016 available from||April 25, 2016|
|Last date to download hall ticket||April 30, 2016|
|Date of examination||May 5, 2016|
|Submission of documents and certificates||May 9, 2016|
|Last date for submission of documents||May 16, 2016|
|MHT CET Question Paper displayed online officially||May 16, 2016|
|MHT CET Answer Key 2016 release||May 18, 2016|
|MHT CET OMR sheets publication||May 24, 2016|
|MHT CET Result 2016 declaration||June 1, 2016|
|MHT CET Merit List 2016 declaration||June 14, 2016|
MH CET 2016 Application Form
Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell has given a window of three weeks for eligible candidates to fill and submit MH CET 2016 Application Form. To keep things simple and allow more students to apply, the form filling is done online. One has to register at the website, enter correct and valid details in the form, upload photograph and other documents asked for. Finally the payment of fees has to be done by downloading the challan and taking it to the bank to pay fees. In brief, steps to fill MH CET / MHT CET Application Form 2016 are as follows.
- Register online at MHT CET 2016 official website by entering personal information, contact details, reservation, education, exam details. At this stage you have create your own password as well (and remember it!). Check the confirmation mail to complete registration and get registration ID.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature as per dimension and size specified.
- Generate bank challan and print it. Take it to the concerned bank and pay relevant fees.
- After 24 hours of payment, log in to the account to confirm that fee has been paid. Print registration confirmation page.
MHT CET 2016 Exam Pattern
The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is for engineering, medical, pharmacy aspirants. Being a common entrance test, subjects in the MH CET include all the subjects that need to be tested in a candidate for relevant programme. The paper pattern given below indicates parts of the question paper, number of questions, marking scheme.
|Paper||Subject||MCQ||Marks per qs||Total marks|
|Paper II||Biology (Botany)||50||1||50|
- Health science and BVSc AH candidate needs to attempt all questions of Paper I and Paper II.
- Engineering candidate needs to attempt all questions of Paper I and Paper III.
- Pharmacy candidate needs to attempt all questions of Paper I and Paper II or Paper III.
Important notes about the MH CET exam
- It is a pen and paper based test. Candidate has to mark the answers by blackening option in an OMR sheet.
- Each paper (I, II, III) is of 1.5 hours duration.
- Language of the question paper is also known before hand. The MHT CET 2016 question papers will be in English or Marathi or Urdu for Physics, Chemistry, Biology. For Mathematics, paper will only be in English.
- There is no negative marking in the examination.
MHT CET / MH CET 2016 Eligibility
It is important to ensure before applying that one is eligible for admission. MHT CET Eligibility Criteria is extensively described in details in the information brochure. Some of the key points are given here for your reference.
Eligibility condition common to all candidates: Candidate should have passed or is appearing in the qualifying examination HSC / 12th standard examination or its equivalent and has Indian Nationality.
Eligibility for health science degree courses admission
- Age: Candidate should be born on or before 31.12.1999; but for ayurved and unani courses candidate should be born on or before 01.10.1999.
- Education: Candidate should have in qualifying examination the subjects English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
Please go through Annexure-B of the health sciences MHT CET 2016 brochure for detailed eligibility conditions.
Similarly, for course wise eligibility conditions of other programs, refer information brochure of respective courses. It is strongly advised that candidate and/or his/her guardian reads the eligibility conditions thoroughly before applying.
MHT CET 2016 Admit Card
On the day of exam, candidate must bring the MH CET Admit Card 2016, a valid photo identity proof, black ball point pen, clip board, application form, challan printout to the exam hall.
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test 2016 Admit Card (hall ticket) is issued by the exam conducting body for candidates who have applied for the examination. Candidate will need to log in using registration ID and password to get the admit card of MHT CET 2016. Here are a few points you can know about the admit card.
- It is important to have entered valid email ID and mobile number in the application form.
- The MH CET 2016 Admit Card will be available online only at the website www.mhtcet2016.co.in.
- Hall ticket contains following important details – roll number, examination center assigned by the CET cell.
Avoid last minute rush and download the admit card of MHT CET 2016 soon after it is released.
It should be noted that the MHT CET 2016 admit card is only an enabling document. It does not concern verification of eligibility of candidate. It only enables or allows the candidate to appear for the examination.
MHT CET 2016 Result
The declaration of MH CET Result 2016 is to be done in the month of June. Admission will be offered in a substantial number of colleges on the basis of result of Maharashtra Common Entrance Test 2016-2017. As per rules laid down by the exam conducting authority, merit is determined for all the candidates who appeared in the examination.
MHT CET 2016 Answer Key – MH CET 2016 Answer Key is released officially by the cell. First the set-wise question papers are published online. Then the provisional answer keys are released for all subjects (physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology) and all versions of the question paper. Going through the answer keys, candidate is able to determine which question he / she has marked correctly, and which incorrectly. Accordingly marks can be estimated by the score formula.
Score formula for total marks obtained
Physics = Number of correct answers x 1;
Chemistry = Number of correct answers x 1;
Biology = Number of correct answers x 1;
Mathematics = Number of correct answers x 2.
There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
MHT CET 2016 Merit List – MH CET 2016 Merit List indicates the rank obtained by candidate in the particular programme entrance exam (health sciences / engineering / pharmacy). This rank is used for admission during counselling process.
MBBS and BDS courses
Only those candidates who obtain qualifying marks will be placed in merit.
|Category||Minimum qualifying marks in PCB in CET 2016 for MBBS and BDS|
|Person with Disability in General category||45%|
|Reservation and reservation with Person with Disability (PWD)||40%|
Feel free to share your doubts, comment below.