Registration process for admission to MBBS/BDS course in state of Karnataka has started from 5th July. Candidates who are qualified in NEET-UG can register online. Students from Karnataka as well as outside of Karnataka can apply for Counselling. Candidates also need to visit verification center for verification of documents on scheduled date. There will be a mock up allotment before real allotment to make candidates aware of their indicative seat status.
Karnataka NEET Counselling Schedule 2017
|1||Date of Notification||05-07-2017|
|2||Online Registration From||5:00 pm on 05-07-2017 to 09-07-2017 up to 5.00 pm|
|3||Last date to pay the registration fees||10-07-2017 (during banking hours)|
|4||Display of Schedule for verification||10-07-2017 after 5.00 pm|
|5||Verification of documents (based on Serial number wise Merit list)||11-07-2017 to 19-07-2017|
|6||Display of Seat Matrix and Fee Structure – for all discipines||18-07-2017 after 11.00 am|
|7||Option Entry by eligible candidates From||11.00 am on 19-07-2017 to 22-07-2017 up to 5.00 pm|
|8||Publication of Mock Allotment Results||23-07-2017 after 4.00 pm|
|9||Provision to change options if any by candidates From||8.00 pm on 23-07-2017 to 24-07-2017 up to 5.00 pm|
|10||Publication of first round allotment Result||25-07-2017 after 4.00 pm|
|11||Confirmation of Choices on Allotment, Payment of Fees and downloading of admission order||26-07-2017 to 04-08-2017|
|12||Last date for reporting the colleges.||05-08-2017 before 5.30 pm|
Colleges Seat Distribution & Reservation
Medical & Dental Colleges seats are classifed into four categories.
- Category (G): Government seats, means and includes seats in Government colleges and Government share of seats in Private college, (to the candidates who are Eligible under CET-2006 admission rules).
- Category (P): Private seats, means and includes seats in Private Colleges (KPCF (COMED-K), AMPCK, KRLMPCA)
- Category (N): NRI seats (KPCF (COMED-K), AMPCK, KRLMPCA)
- Category (O): Other seats (KPCF (COMED-K), AMPCK, KRLMPCA)
I. Government Quota Seats (G):
a) Government seats in Government Colleges Eligibility: as per UGCET rules
b) Government seats in private colleges
1. COMEDK – 40%
2. KRLMPCA – 25%
3. AMPCK – 25%
II. Private Quota Seats:
a) In KPCF (COMEDK) Colleges:
40% seats reserved for private quota seats.
- 30% of the above seats: Candidates of Karnataka Origin who are claiming eligibility for Government seats under clauses (a), (b), (f), (h), (j), (k) (l) and (o) are only eligible to claim these 30% seats.
- Remaining 70% of the seats are open quota seats. These seats are filled based on All India Merit list and candidate should be a Citizen of India.
b) In KRLMPCA and AMPCK Colleges: 55% of seats reserved for private quota.
- Out of those, 66% to be filled from respective religious/linguistic minority candidates.
- Remaining 34% of the seats are open quota seats. These seats are filled based on All India Merit list candidate should be Citizen of India.
c) NRI Quota Seats: 15% of the total seats reserved for NRI quota in COMEDK, KRLMPCA and AMPCK colleges.
Verification of Documents
NOTE on participation of candidates for Verification of documents at Helpline Centres:
Schedule for Verification of Documents will be hosted on 10-07-2017. The verification of documents will be conducted Only at Bangalore, Mysore, Mangalore, Shimoga, Davangere, Belgaum, Dharward, Bellary and Gulbarga Helpline Centres. Candidates can attend the verification in any of the Helpline centres detailed above. However, the Non-Karnataka and NRI candidates have to attend verification only at Bangalore. The details of the Helpline centre are hosted on the KEA Website.
All NEET UG-2017 qualified candidates are allowed for participating in the allotment of UG Medical / Dental seats as per the eligibility & reservation criteria for the respective category of seats which is detailed in the subsequent pages.
1. KEA has already conducted the document verification to the candidates as per CET-2006 Admission Rules. All such candidates who are holding verification slip need not attend the document verification once again. However, if any such candidate is eligible to claim Private seats, Minority, NRI seats then they have to submit the relevant certificates / documents as per the schedule. (Please read the following pages regarding eligibility and documents required for different category of seats)
2. The candidates who fulfills the eligibility conditions laid down in CET-2006 admission rules and have qualifying score in NEET-2017 but not attended the earlier document verification can attend the verification with all the necessary documents/certificates as per the schedule.