The Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2016 is being conducted for the purpose of determining the eligibility/merit, for admission of Karnataka candidates and the ward/s of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants to the First year or First semester of full time courses for Government share of seats in Medical, Dental, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy & Yoga, Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Farm Science courses i.e, B.Sc. (Agriculture), B.Sc. (Sericulture), B.Sc (Horticulture), B.Sc (Forestry), B.Sc. Agri Bio Tech, BHSc.(Home Science), B.Tech (Agri.Engg), B.Tech (Food Technology), B.Tech (Dairy Tech), B.FSc (Fisheries), B.Tech (Food Science &Tech), B.Sc. (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op), B.Pharma and PharmaD courses in Government/University/Private Aided/Private Un-Aided Professional Educational Institutions in the State of Karnataka for the academic year 2016-17.
1. Candidate can apply KCET-2016 only “Online???.
2. Information Bulletin can be downloaded from the Website http://kea.kar.nic.in
3. Online submission of Application Form may be made by accessing KEA Website http://kea.kar.nic.in Instructions for Online submission of Application Form are available in the Information Bulletin and on the KEA Website http://kea.kar.nic.in
4. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on KEA Website http://kea.kar.nic.in Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
5. Candidates must retain the following documents with them as reference for future correspondence.
(i) At least three printouts of the finally submitted online Application.
(ii) P roof of fee paid
(iii) 23 copies of identical Photograph that scanned and uploaded on the Online Application.
6. (a) Candidate must ensure that mobile numbers, email address entered in the online application form are his/her own as in case of urgency KEA may send information/communications by SMS or mail on given mobile number and mailing ID only.
(b) The Candidate /parents shall be held responsible for non-receipt of latest information due to wrong mobile number or mailing address filled in the On Line Application Form.
7. Candidates must preserve the Admit Card till the admission in College or Institution.
WHO CAN APPLY ?
- No candidate shall be eligible for admission to Government Seats unless he is a citizen of India.
- The candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than the eligible and Board/Universities listed in the notification at on VTU Website are NOT eligible. Candidates who have passed from Karnataka State Open University are also NOT eligible.
- A candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 2nd PUC/12th Standard in 2016 whose result is awaited, may apply and appear for Common Entrance Test 2016 but he/she shall not be eligible for admission to any of the course specified in 1 above, if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks.
- The educational qualifications/eligibility criteria prescribed by the Competent Authority in regulations/guidelines issued from time to time will be applicable in deciding the eligibility. Eligibility/admissions/allotments made to and by the colleges shall be subject to approval by MCI/DCI/Government/concerned University/Apex Bodies etc.
|Commencement of Entry of Application Online||13/01/2016|
|Last Date to Enter Application details online||13/02/2016|
|Last date to pay the fees in the bank||15/02/2016|
|Downloading of Admission Tickets on or after||15/04/2016|
(I) A CANDIDATE WHO HAD OBTAINED A SEAT IN ANY DISCIPLINE THROUGH KEA (CET CELL) IN ANY OF THE PREVIOUS YEARS WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR ALLOTMENT OF A SEAT TO THE SAME DISCIPLINE DURING 2016. HOWEVER, HE / SHE IS ELIGIBLE TO APPEAR FOR CET-2016 FOR ALLOTMENT OF SEAT IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINE AS PER RULE 15 (5) OF KARNATAKA SELECTION OF CANDIDATES FOR ADMISSION TO GOVERNMENT SEATS IN PROFESSIONAL EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS RULES, 2006.
(II) THE MINIMUM PASSING MARKS FOR ALL HORANADU AND GADINADU KANNADIGA CANDIDATES SHALL BE 12 OUT OF 50 MARKS IN KANNADA LANGUAGE EXAMINATION CONDUCTED BY KEA (4TH STANDARD LEVEL) IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ASSIGNMENT OF RANKS AND TO BECOME ELIGIBLE FOR ALLOTMENT OF SEATS IN CET-2016.
(III) IN THE CASE OF AGRICULTURIST QUOTA, THE MERIT LIST WILL BE PREPARED BASED ON 25% MARKS EACH, SECURED IN CONCERNED COMBINATIONS IN II YEAR PUC (PCMB) & CET AND 50% MARKS SECURED IN THE PRACTICAL TEST. IN CASE OF B.V.SC & AH MERIT WILL BE PREPARED BASED ON 50% OF MARKS SECURED IN CET (PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY) AND 50% OF MARKS SCORED IN THE Practical test.
HOW TO APPLY
|STEP 1||Please download the e-brochure from KEA Website and read the instructions carefully before start entering the application online. Enter all the details ONLINE. After completion of entry of all the details candidate’s will receive an application ID and Password to their registered mobile phone number and to email address and also the same information will be displayed on the screen.|
|STEP 2||Upload the scanned copy of recent passport size Colour Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression in JPG / JPEG format separately.|
|STEP 3||Print the Challan copy which is in triplicate. Candidates of Karnataka origin have to pay an amount of Rs. 650/- for General and OBC (Rs.500/- for SC / ST Category-1 of Karnataka candidates only). Rs.750/- in case of candidates residing outside the state of Karnataka and Rs.5,000/- in case of candidates.|
|STEP 4||Take a printout of the application form on A-4 Size paper. Obtain Principal seal and signature from the college where you have studied 2nd PUC or 12th Standard on the space provided in the printed form. The same copy should be produced during document verification.|
BRIEF NOTE ON ONLINE SEAT SELECTION
- The seat allotment to the above mentioned courses will be done ONLINE by obtaining OPTIONS from the eligible candidates in the order of merit / rank in CET-2016 and based on the options given by them.
- KEA is planning to introduce online verification of documents from this year. Otherwise, Verification of documents will be done in at least 13 notified helpline centres across the state after declaration results/publication of merit list. Only upon verification of documents and issue of verification slip, candidate will be allowed to enter the options. Candidates can enter any number of options of their choice on their own arrangement. The candidate also has a provision to take a print out in each round. Every candidate shall be given high security user ID and Secret Key which the candidate then has to login and change it to password as per his/her choice. The details of centres will be made available on the Website http://kea.kar.nic. in and also in the brochure.
- The college and course will be allotted by the computer based on their ranking and options and the seats available in a particular college as per the seat matrix issued by the Government. Further details can be seen in the CET Brochure – 2016 and also will be notified on the website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- The documents verification of Horanadu/Gadinadu Kannadigas and all Special Categories like Defence, Ex-defence, NCC, Sports, Physically Disabled, Anglo Indian, CAPF, Jammu and Kashmir, Scouts and Guides will be done only in the premises of KEA offi ce at 18th Cross, Malleshwaram, Bangalore.
|4/05/2016||10:30 to 11:50 a.m.||BIOLOGY|
|2:30 to 3:50 p.m.||MATHEMATICS||5/05/2016||10:30 to 11:50 a.m.||PHYSICS|
|2:30 to 3:50 p.m.||CHEMISTRY|