Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER) is autonomous institution under Government of India since the year 1956 and is one of the top Medical Institutions of India. JIPMER imparts Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Super Specialty Medical Training through a working hospital (JIPMER Hospital) with bed strength of Sanctioned 2134 and a Nursing College. M.B.B.S., B.Sc., M.Sc., M.D., M.S, Degree Courses are offered in 43 disciplines. Recently, another branch of JIPMER has been started at Karaikal (150km south of Puducherry) with intake capacity of 50 MBBS student, increasing the total intake to 200 seats. MBBS Seats will be filled through Common Entrance Examination to be conducted by JIPMER on 3rd June 2018. JIPMER is not part of NEET-UG, candidates will have to apply for it for admission in MBBS course. Examination will be Computer Based Test (CBT) in English medium only.
MBBS COURSE & SEAT DISTRIBUTION
- Duration of the MBBS course is 4 years and 6 months as per the Academic Calendar of JIPMER followed by ONE year of Compulsory Rotatory Internship for award of Degree.
- Total intake capacity is 200 (150 seats at JIPMER, Puducherry + 50 seats at JIPMER, Karaikal)
*Expected to increase in session 2018-19.
Horizontal Reservation for Orthopedically Handicapped(OPH)
“P-UR, P-OBC, P-SC, P-OPH” refers to reserved seats for Puducherry Candidates
IMPORTANT DATES-JIPMER 2018
|On-line Registration from||07/03/2018 11:00am|
|On-line Registration closes on||13/04/2018 05:00pm|
|Hall Ticket Download||22/05/2018-04/06/2018|
Afternoon Shift: 3pm-5:30pm
|Result||19th June 2018|
|1st Counselling||27-29th June 2018|
|2nd Counselling||25th July 2018|
|3rd Counseling||20rd August 2018|
|Commencement of Course||5th July 2018 9:00AM|
- (i) The Applicant should be an Indian National.
- (ii) He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2018, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S., i.e. they should have been born on or before 01-01-2002. (Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants).
- (iii) The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below:
(a) The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
(b) The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination. For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination is 40%.
c) For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination will be 45%. Annexure – I lists the examinations recognized by JIPMER.
(d) The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than those mentioned in the list appended in Annexure – I, will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI/NRI for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
Note: Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2018 and whose results have NOT yet been declared can also apply for admission, if other eligibility criteria (i) (ii) & (iii) are satisfied.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE & FEE
1) Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination are required to apply on-line mode only. (Any other mode of application will not be accepted.).
2) Log on to link in the Home page www.jipmer.edu.in . and navigate to the link “Apply on-line MBBS admission – 2018″.
3) Read the prospectus and instruction carefully.
4) The flow chart for filling application on-line given as Appendix in the Prospectus.
5) The candidate should acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application on-line.
6) Mode of payments are
- Net Banking,
- Credit Card,
- Debit Card
|General(UR) & P-UR||Rs.1,200|
|OBC & P-OBC||Rs.1,200|
|SC/ST & P-SC||Rs.1,000|
|OPH & P-OPH||Exempted|
Instructions for Photograph/Signautre :
a. One (1) recent colour passport size photograph with light background is required. Black & White / Polaroid photographs are not acceptable.
b. Photograph MUST be taken on or after 31.01.2018.
a. The photograph must be taken with a placard while the placard is being held by the candidate indicating name of candidate and date of taking photograph. In case name and date are written on the photograph after taking it, the application will be rejected.
b. The name and date on the photograph should be legible.
NOTE : Candidate must upload photograph and signature to correct specified fields. Do not make any mistake in uploading signature and photograph.
a) Candidate must have in softcopy/digital of PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPH (30mm width x 45mm Height) and save it as “Candidate Photograph.jpg provided by photographer. Keep size of photograph minimum size 20KB, as the maximum size limit is 200KB.
b) Candidate has to affix his/her SIGNATURE in an area of 80mm Width X 35mm Height on paper with a black ball point pen. Scan that paper. Cut Signature is of 80mm Width X 35mm Height and save it as “Candidate Signature.jpg. Keep size of Signature minimum size 20KB, as the maximum size limit is 200 KB.
In case the candidate has found an error of entry committed by him/her in the application, a new application has to be submitted along with the presc The earlier application will automatically stand cancelled. No refund of fee paid earlier will be done.
7) DISCLAIMER : 1. Mere completion of “REGISTRATION FOR PAYMENT” does not confer right for issue of hall ticket. 2. The process of submission of application Online is completed only after clicking the “submit button after Up loading personal details, * Scanned Photograph and Scanned Signature (Refer to the Flow chart appended to the prospectus). 3. The candidate is advised to download a copy of their filled in application which would contain Application No., Personal details, scanned photograph, scanned signature and the payment details. 4. Fees would not be refunded under any circumstances. 5. No request for change in the details provided in the application would be considered, after the submission the Online application by clicking the “submit button. 6. Incomplete application, application with false details would be rejected.
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION PATTERN
- Entrance Examination will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] only.
- All candidates will be required to appear at CBT Online Entrance Examination, which will be conducted on Sunday, 3rd JUNE, 2018 in either one of the shifts (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM (OR) 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM) as allotted by the competent authority.
- The duration of the examination shall be 2½ hours (Two hours and Thirty minutes)
- The examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium ONLY.
- The Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 200 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives.
- The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2017 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
- Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer based Test (online examination). Link for mock test is available on JIPMER’s Website JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination – 2018 link
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|English Language and Comprehension||10|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
Download Sample Papers:
Free download NEET sample paper Click Here