Online Applications are invited from the candidates interested in appearing in the Common Entrance Test (CET)-2016 for admission to various Professional Courses (MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BUMS /Physiotherapy/Diploma Dental Hygiene/B.E.). The candidates must be permanent resident of the State of Jammu and Kashmir and eligible to appear in the Entrance Test under relevant rules.
Eligibility for appearing in CET-2016
1. The Applicant must:
a. be a permanent resident of J&K State as defined in section 6 of the Constitution of J&K.
b. have passed higher secondary Part-II (12th/10+2 class) or an equivalent examination from a recognized statutory Board with at least:
English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as his/her subjects for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, Physiotherapy and Diploma in Dental hygiene;
English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as his/her subjects for admission to Bachelor of Engineering Courses
c. have obtained at 10+2 level not less than 50% marks in case of open merit candidate and not less than 40% marks in case of ST, SC and OBC candidates.
2. The candidates, appearing or who have appeared in 12th Class Examination of any recognized Board but whose result has not been declared yet, are also eligible to appear in the CET. However, they will not be considered for selection if they fail to upload their attested Marks Card of 12th class examination within the prescribed date for which separate notification will be issued and have secured marks as mentioned in clause 1 (c) above.
Age Limit :
The candidates must be at least 17 years old on or before 31stof December 2016 for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS and Diploma in Dental hygiene courses.
Online Application Form
The interested candidates have to upload the following self attested certificates along with the Application Form:-
- Permanent Resident Certificate;
- Qualifying marks certificate (where result is declared)
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Reserved category certificate, if any, (including Sports, Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) and Poor & Backward(P& B) certificates) on the prescribed proforma. Note: The benefit of P&B certificate is available for admission in medical courses in private Medical Colleges (except BDS) and TFW for Govt. and Private Engineering Colleges. However, the candidates possessing P&B certificate can claim benefit of TFW Certificate also provided they indicate their choice as TFW candidates for admission in Engineering Courses.
|Govt. Medical College, Srinagar|
|Govt. Medical College, jammu|
|Achariya Shree Chandra College of Medical Sciences, Jammu|
|Shere-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Soura, Srinagar|
|Govt. Dental College, Srinagar|
|Govt.. Dental College, jammu|
|Institute of Dental Science, Sehora, Jammu.|
Total 450 seats are available for MBBS Courses & 140 seats are available for BDS.
Examination Date & Pattern
|21st May 2016||Physics & Chemistry||60 questions each|
|22nd May 2016||Biology||60 questions|
|Start of Online Application||22nd January 2016|
|Last Date of Online Application||February 2016|
|Admit Card||April 2016|
|Exam Date||21 & 22 May 2016|