BCECE 2016 is the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination, also known as Bihar CET 2016. The BCECEB conducts this common entrance examination for engineering and medical UG programmes admission in state colleges. Get here details of BCECE 2016 including application form, syllabus, test pattern, admit card, and results. BCECE 2016 is held in two stages – BCECE Stage 1, BCECE Stage 2. Admission and merit list is published separately for PCM and PCB group candidates.
About the exam – BCECE is the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination. Admission to following degree programmes in the colleges and institutes of Bihar are based on BCECE.
- Engineering / Pharmacy courses: In Government/ Government accredited technical institutions in Bihar and in Bihar quota seats of institutions outside Bihar.
- Medical courses: Government and other institutions MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS / BHMS/ BUMS/ B. Physiotherapy/ B.Occupational Therapy/ Para Medical Bachelor/ Graduate programmes (Lab Tech., O.T., Assistant, X Ray Tech., Opthalmic Assistant and Orthitics and Prosthetics) and other similar programmes.
- Biotechnology with Agriculture courses: Rajendra Krishi Vidyalaya, Pusa (Samastipur) and Bihar Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Sabaur (Bhagalpur) graduate programmes.
The Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination for admission in various professional courses in different Engineering colleges, Medical colleges, Agriculture colleges under the Govt.of Bihar is being conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board as constituted under the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Act, 1995.
BCECE 2016 application form submission will be anticipated online. Application form of BCECE 2016 has been issued. The calendar of events related to Bihar CET 2016 is given under “important dates” below.
|Online application form will be available from||2 February 2016|
|Last date to submit the form||28 February 2016|
|Last date to pay the fee via challan||2 March 2016|
|Last date to remit the fee via online medium||5 March 2016|
|Application form could be edited from||6 to 11 March 2016|
The hard copy of application form (Part-A & Part-B)
|19 March 2016|
|Admit card will be released on||21 March 2016|
BCECE 2016 will be held on:
17 April 2016
15 May 2016
Courses for which BCECE is conducted
|PCM Group||PCB Group||PCMB Group|
|Public Health institution|
BCECE 2016 Exam Pattern
The final exam pattern of first and second stages of the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination and key details of the engineering and medical entrance exams are given below.
BCECE 2016 Stage 1
Date of exam – 17 Apr 2016
|Physics||50||200||2 hours 15 minutes|
- All the questions are objective (multiple choice question) type.
- Negative marking is there in BCECE exam. One (1) mark is deducted for incorrect answers.
What are PCM, PCB, PCMB group candidates?
- The candidates who according to the eligibility criteria elaborated in the information brochure satisfy relevant educational qualification related to ISc or equivalent exam in (qualified already or current academic session) and who want to appear in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics subjects in the second stage; they are the PCM group candidates. PCM group candidates will have to attempt the Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics papers in first stage.
- The candidates who according to the eligibility criteria elaborated in the information brochure satisfy relevant educational qualification related to ISc or equivalent exam in (qualified already or current academic session) and who want to appear in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects in the second stage; they are the PCB group candidates. PCB group candidates will have to attempt the Physics, Chemistry, Biology papers in first stage.
- The candidates who according to the eligibility criteria elaborated in the information brochure satisfy relevant educational qualification related to ISc or equivalent exam in (qualified already or current academic session) and who want to appear in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology subjects in the second stage; they are the PCMB group candidates. PCMB group candidates will have to attempt the Physics, Chemistry, papers compulsorily in first stage. Apart from that they will attempt one of the papers – Mathematics or Biology. Those amongst the PCMB group who take the Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics paper in qualifying exam they will be part of the PCM group on first stage. Those amongst the PCMB group who take the Physics, Chemistry, Biology paper in qualifying exam they will be part of the PCB group on first stage.
Marks obtained in the qualifying examination will be calculated for each candidate. A qualifying cut off marks will be determined category wise and subject group wise. When the BCECE 2016 Result is announced for the first stage, approximately four (4) times the number of qualified candidates in each group will be called to appear for the BCECE second stage examination.
BCECE 2016 Stage 2
Date of exam – 15 May 2016
|Physics||100||400||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Chemistry||100||400||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Mathematics||100||400||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Biology||100||400||1 hour 30 minutes|
As per marks obtained in the second stage, candidate will be placed in merit position in the BCECE 2016 Result of the second stage. Admissions in respective programmes based on subject groups shall be done in the counselling conducted by the Board.
BCECE 2016 Application Form
All the candidates who wish to apply for BCECE 2016 must check the official websites bceceboard.com, bcecebonline.com regularly. The application form of BCECE is available online as per the schedule. Candidates can fill details in the form, upload relevant documents, and pay application fee. Complete application form will be sent to the Board with requisite attachments.
BCECE Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be citizen of India.
- There is no age limit for engineering and pharmacy admission.
- To be eligible for medical admission, candidate must have obtained at least 17 years as on 31 December of the year of exam.
- For Agriculture courses admission, minimum age limit is 17 as on 1 July.
- Candidates belonging to General/ Backward / Extremely Backward Class and wishes to appear in either PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) OR PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology); any one subject group, needs to pay Rs 660.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST and wishes to appear in either PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) OR PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology); any one subject group, needs to pay Rs 330.
- Candidates belonging to General/ Backward / Extremely Backward Class and wishes to appear in all subjects PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology), needs to pay Rs 730.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST and wishes to appear in all subjects PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology), needs to pay Rs 365.
As per the Eligibility criteria of BCECE 2016, following are the criteria that must be fulfilled before applying for BCECE:
1. Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
2. The candidate must have passed class XII with Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics as the core subjects.
3. Candidates who will be appearing in the class XII board examination are also eligible for the examination.
4. In the case of the candidate applying for engineering, there is no age limit as per the BCECE Eligibility Criteria.
In order to apply for BCECE 2016, first download the prospectus from any of the following Websites:
The entire process of BCECE Application Form Submitting is covered under the following five steps:
1. Step – One (Registration)
In this step, the candidates have to register themselves. After doing so, the candidate will receive a confirmation message of Successful Registration. In this message, the candidate will receive their registration number. It must be duly noted by the candidate that he/she should not tell the registration number and the password to anyone as this registration number will be considered as the Username of the candidate.
2. Step – Two (Examination Fee)
Those candidates who have successfully completed the step one of the process may proceed to the second step. In this step, the candidate is required to log in by entering the registration number and the password. Post successful login, the candidate may proceed to pay the examination fee. The fee payment can be done via any of the two media below:
1. Payment via bank challan
2. Online fee payment
BCECE 2016 Exam Fee
For general or backward or extremely backward candidate:
A PCM or PCB group candidate needs to pay Rs. 660 while a PCMB group candidate has to pay Rs. 730.
For SC or ST candidate
A PCM or PCB group candidate needs to pay Rs. 330 while a PCMB group candidate has to pay Rs. 365.
3. Step – Three (Personal Information)
After completing the first and second step, visit the website again and click on the link that says “Fill the Personal Information”. In this, the candidate has to fill all the Personal Information related entries. Thereafter, upload the scanned images of signature (either Hindi or English), passport size photograph and the board slip (in case the payment is done via bank challan). After ensuring that all the details are correctly and accurately filled, click on the “Submit??? button.
4. Step – Four (Educational Information)
After filling all the personal information, click on the “Fill the Educational Information” link where you will be asked to fill all your educational details.
After you have completely filled the Part A and B of the BCECE application form, kindly examine all the filled entries. Post examining, download the filled application form of Part A and B.
5. Step five: Dispatch of Application Forms, Enclosures and Paid Challan by Registered Post / Speed Post:
After completely filling the application form, you need to send the hard copy
Following are the required documents that you need to attach with the BCECE application form:
1. Paste one copy of each photo in the space provided on part A and B which should be same as the passport size photograph that has been uploaded in the online form.
2. In the given space of each part, kindly sign either in Hindi or English. Do not sign n capital letters.
3. Candidate must write the declaration in his/ her own handwriting , wherever asked.
4. Attach challan board copy and all the required documents/ certificates/ mark-sheets which are required as the proof.
It must be duly noted that the candidate can make any required changes, if any, only before the submission. No changes will be allowed after the successful submission of the form.
For Complete Details of BCECE 2016 – Download Information Brochure
If you have any queries regarding BCECE 2016, please ask in comments below.