Admission for MBBS/BDS courses in Assam will be conducted by the state for 85% quota seats. All NEET-UG qualified student who are from state of Assam can apply for the counselling. There are five Medical College and one Dental college in Assam, all colleges are government college. There total 588 seats for MBBB course under state quota. The list of candidates who have registered for NEET-UG 2017 and are qualified to take admission under state quota can check their names in the list.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates under below mentioned categories which are not reflected in the Assam State merit list of NEET-UG-2017 for admission into MBBS/BDS courses in the Medical Colleges of Assam and Regional Dental College, Guwahati for the session 2017 and who have qualified in the said Entrance Examination as per their category. The Application Forms are available in our official website from 3rd July/2017 onwards and same can be downloaded for submission. Duly filled up and signed Application Form along with relevant and valid documents to be submitted to the Office of the Director of Medical Education, Assam, Sixmile, Khanapara, Guwahati-22 at Examination Cell (2nd Floor, Room No-5,) on or before 7th July/2017 during Office hours by hand only. Incomplete application shall not be accepted.
Categories other then mentioned in the Assam State merit list of NEET-UG-2017
- 1. Schedule Tribes (Plain). (STP)
- 2. Schedule Tribes (Hills). (STH)
- 3. Martyrs quota (Martyrs).
- 4. Extremist Violence in Assam quota. (Ext-Viol.)
- 5. Char Area quota. (Char Area)
- 6. Ex-Serviceman/Serving Defence personnel quota.
- 7. Freedom Fighters quota (FF)
- 8. Moran community quota. (Moran)
- 9. Motak community quota. (Motak)
- 10. TGL/Ex-TGL quota. (TGL/Ex-TGL)
- 11. Sports quota.
- 12. Physically Handicapped quota. (Phy. Handicapped)
The undersigned shall issue another Admission Notice inviting eligible candidates from all categories within short period for 1st counseling by specifying details of the 1st counseling for admission into MBBS/BDS courses in the Medical Colleges of Assam & R.D.C. Guwahati, session 2017 by publishing in our official website as well as in popular local daily News Papers.
The counseling process will be held at the Office of the Director of Medical Education, Assam Sixmile Khanapara, Guwahati-22 as per the below mentioned time Schedule fixed by the Central Government for the session 2017-18.
Procedure for Counselling
- After receiving the State Merit list by this Directorate, the same will be published in official website www.dmeassam.gov.in immediately.
- This Directorate will fill-up the all the State quota seats as per provision of Admission Rules,2017 which will be available in our official website in due course of time.
- Subsequently this Directorate will issue an Admission Notice inviting application from all the Eligible candidates in a prescribed Form for filling up of Assam State quota seats which will be available in official website
- After Scrutiny of all Applications, this Directorate will prepare a list of eligible candidates in category-wise for counseling process for admission into MBBS/BDS courses in the Medical Colleges of Assam & R.D.C. Guwahati immediately.
Eligibility criteria for counselling
- Candidate must be qualified in NEET-UG 2017
- Candidates must have domicile of Assam.
- All other candidates who doesn’t fulfill above criteria are not eligible.
How to Apply for Counselling
- Download Assam NEET-UG merit list Download, Check your Roll No.,Name and rank
- Download Assam Counselling Application form (Schedule I) Download print it and fill the form.
- For seats under reserved category also fill Application form for reserved category Download
- Submit the application form along with required documents at the DME office before 7th July, 2017 by hand.
|1st round of counseling||16th July to 24th July/2017|
|Last date of joining in allotted College & course (1st round)||By 31st July|
|2nd round of counseling||8th August to 19th August/2017|
|Last date of joining in allotted College & course (2nd round)||By 25th August/2017|
|Mop up round by State||26th to 28th August/2017|
|Commencement of Academic Session||1st August/2017|
Round 1 Allotment Result
Round 2 Allotment Result
Colleges and Seat Distribution:
|MEDICAL COLLEGE- SEAT DISTRIBUTION|
*Total seats available under state quota is 588 for MBBS course.
|Regional Dental College, Guwahati|
|All India Quota (15%)||6|
|S.T. (P) (10%)||1|
|S.T. (H) (5%)||2|