Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is one of the oldest premier Central Universities of India with a unique and rich culture of its own. It owes its existence to the selfless and untiring efforts of the great visionary SIR SYED AHMAD KHAN. Deeply moved by the socio-economic and educational plight of his community after the First War of Independence of 1857, he was quick to realize that the panacea for these ills lay in inculcating the spirit of free enquiry and modernism in the community. His exposure to the British Universities, particularly those at Oxford and Cambridge, and their public schools, inspired him with a new vision of a harmonious pattern of culture, combining the best elements in the cultures of the East with the arts and sciences of the West. In 1875 he founded a High School at Aligarh, which, within three years, was raised to a College known as Mohammadan Anglo Oriental College which metamorphosed into Aligarh Muslim University in 1920 through an Act of Parliament.
Under Aligarh Muslim University there are two colleges for MBBS & BDS Courses, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College & Dr. Ziauddin Ahmad Dental College, respectively. 140 seats(+5 seats for PH) are available for MBBS course & 34(+1 seat for PH) are available for BDS course. Entrance examination for these two courses will be conducted in two phase Tier 1 & 2.
- There shall be a Combined Admission Test for admission to M.B.B.S. and B.D.S.. Candidates applying for M.B.B.S. can also apply for admission to B.D.S. on the same Application Form without paying any additional Test Fee. They should clearly indicate in their Application Form their choices in order of preference.
- Selected candidates will have to go through medical fitness examination before completing the admission.
- All Physically Disabled (PH) candidates will be required to appear in Tier-I Admission test. The eligible candidates will be allowed to appear in the Tier-II Admission Test.
- The Tier-1 of the Admission Test will be conducted in AMU Campus as well as in all the outside Admission Test Centres of AMU, as approved by the Academic Council and Tier-2 will be held only in AMU Campus at Aligarh.
- In the Tier-2 Admission Test System for MBBS / BDS, the chance to appear for the Tier-2 Test will be given to 30% of the candidates in order of merit who appear in the Tier-1 Test, in each category of general and internal candidates, subject to a maximum of 15000 candidates, which is the capacity of the University to accommodate. In case an exceedingly large number of candidates appear, the percentage may equitably be reduced, to keep the ceiling to a maximum of 15000 candidates.
Qualifying Examination: Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination of this University or an examination recognised by the University as its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. Further, the candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Age Limit: Not less than 17 years as on 31st December in the year of admission. Maximum age limit is 24 years.
There shall be one objective type paper of 200 marks comprising 200 questions on Chemistry, Physics, Botany and Zoology.
There will be no negative marking.
Candidates will have to fill application Online only.
Test fee is Rs.1000/-. Physically Handicapped (PH) candidate don’t need to pay any fee.
|Last Date of Receipt of Application Form for Tier – I|
|PDF Generated copy at the Counter / Registered Post||18-02-2016|
No Admit Card shall be sent by post. For Admission Test Courses, Admit Cards will only be downloadable from the Controller’s website. Candidates are required to paste their recent passport size colour photograph in the space provided on the downloaded Admit Card (same as affixed on the Application Form) and hand over the Admit Card to the Invigilator on duty at the Test Centre.
For Online: Upload your front facing identical good quality colour photographs (2.5 cm x 3 cm) taken not earlier than three months in the space provided in the Application Form and Appendix of Sports / Debater & Talent Category. The photograph should be taken preferably with dark coloured clothes in a white background.
For Offline: Paste (do not staple) your front facing identical good quality colour photographs (2.5 cm x 3 cm) taken not earlier than three months in the space provided in the Application Form, Scan Slip and Appendix of Sports / Debater Category. The photograph should be taken preferably with dark coloured clothes in a white background.
Note: All photographs must be self attested except the photograph on Scan Slip.
|Tier I||10/04/2016||11am to 2pm|
|Tier II||1-06-2016||11am to 2pm|