All India Institute of Medical Sciences was established by an Act of Parliament of 1956 as an autonomous institution of national importance and its objectives and functions were defined. By virtue of this Act, the Institute awards its own medical degrees, diplomas and other academic distinctions.
The degrees and diplomas awarded by the Institute under the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Act are recognized medical qualifications for the purpose of the Indian Medical Council Act and not withstanding anything contained in the Medical Council Act, are deemed to be included in the first schedule of that Act, entitling the holders to the same privileges as those attached to the equivalent awards from other universities of India. The Institute (AIIMS, New Delhi) is a residential University in which the faculty members, staff and the students live on campus. There are 8 hostels for undergraduate students (6 for boys and 2 for girls) with a capacity to accommodate 850 students.
Six Other AIIMS
Under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana six new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences have been established similar to AIIMS, New Delhi. Government of India has decided that the Academic Session for the current year in six New AIIMS at Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur and Rishikesh, will start in August 2015. The proposal is for an intake of 100 students for each of the institutions. As per the directives of the Ministry selection for admission should be done through the same Entrance Examination through which candidates are selected for AIIMS, New Delhi. The admission will be done on the basis of merit-cum-choice of the candidates.
A. INDIAN NATIONALS
- Should have attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on 31st of December of the year of admission (2017).
- Candidates born on or after 2nd January, 2001 are NOT eligible to apply.
- Should have passed the 12thClass under the 10+2 Scheme/ Senior School Certificate Examination (CBSE) or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent Examination of a recognized University/ Board of any Indian State with ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY as subject.
- Candidates who have appeared or are appearing at the qualifying Examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subject and expect to pass the Examination with required percentage of marks are also eligible to apply and appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination. However, their candidature will be considered only if they provide documentary evidence of having passed the qualifying Examination with the required subjects and percentage of marks.
- If the Institute has to consider an Examination of an Indian University or of a foreign/university to be equivalent to the 12th class under 10+2 scheme/Intermediate Science Examination, the candidates shall have to produce a certificate from the concerned Indian University/Association of the Indian Universities to the effect that the examination passed by him/her is considered by them to be equivalent to the 12th class under 10+2 scheme/Intermediate.
- The minimum aggregate of the marks in ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY obtained in the qualifying examination required for appearing in this examination are :
- General and OBC candidates: 60%
- SC/ST/OPH Candidates: 50%
B. OVERSEAS CITIZEN OF INDIA (OCI) (Common to AIIMS New Delhi & Six other AIIMS):
Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are also eligible to appear in this test and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian Nationals given in this Prospectus will be applicable to them. The candidate will submit proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 to be eligible to appear for this test.
C. FOREIGN NATIONALS (Applicable to AIIMS, New Delhi only):
Foreign candidates nominated by the Government of India are required to have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY in their Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination to be eligible for admission to the M.B.B.S. Course.
Foreign candidates are NOT required to appear at the Competitive Entrance Examination.
SEATS AVAILABLE & RESERVATION:
|Name of Institute||Total Seats||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
Sl. No.Activity ScheduledDates
|1||Online Registration of Applications on AIIMS website www.aiimsexams.org opens||24th Jan. 2017|
|2||Online Registration of Applications closes on||23rd Feb. 2017|
|3||Status of Registration including rejection / deficiencies in application on AIIMS website||7th March 2017|
|4||Last date for complying with deficiencies in application as indicated||— April 2017|
|5||Hosting / Uploading the Admit Cards on AIIMS website www.aiimsexams.org||1st May 2017|
|6||Date of Entrance Examination||28th May, 2017 (Sunday)|
|7||Expected date of declaration of Result||14th June, 2017 (Wednesday)|
|PROPOSED COUNSELING SCHEDULE TO BE HELD AT AIIMS, NEW DELHI|
|8||First Counseling||3, 4, 5, 6th July 2017|
|9||Second Counseling||3rd August 2017|
|10||Third Counseling||5th September 2017|
|11||Open Counseling||26th September 2017|
SCHEME OF MARKING
- Each correct response will get a score of 1 mark.
- Each incorrect response will get a score of – ⅓ (minus-one-third).
- No credit will be given for the questions not answered or marked for review (Please see Annexure-5 on Online Examination)
Last year, online examination was conducted. Students should beware of negative marking & attempt questions carefully.
SUMMARY OF EXAMINATION PATTERN
|1||Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online]|
|2||Duration of Examination||3½ hours (Three hours and thirty minutes)|
|3||Date of Examination||29th May 2015|
|4||Number of Shifts||2|
|5||Timing of Examination||First Shift : 09.00 AM to 12.30 PM Second Shift : 03.00 PM to 06.30 PM|
|6||Allocation of shift||Random|
|7||Language of Paper||English / Hindi|
|8||Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|9||Number of Questions||One Paper of 200 (Two hundred)|
|10||Type of Objective Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Reason Assertion|
|11||Distribution of Questions||Physics : 60|
|General Knowledge: 20|
|12||Distribution of Type of Questions||MCQs: 140|
|Reason Assertion: 60*|
|[*All subjects except General Knowledge]|
|13||Marking Scheme||Correct Answer : One mark (+)1|
|14||Method of Cut-Off||Percentile corresponding to following Percentages : General 50%, OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) 45%, SC /ST 40%. In case percentile of both shifts are unequal the lower percentile of both shits shall be the cut off.|
|15||Method of determining merit||Overall merit by merging of Percentiles of Total scores of both shifts [First & Second shifts]|
|16||Method of resolving ties||In the following order: Percentile in Biology Percentile Chemistry Percentile in Physics Seniority by age|
Online Registration & Application:
- Incomplete Registration Form will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Do not submit any document, original or photocopy, with the application. The Institute does not take any responsibility for returning of these documents.
- Admission of candidates to Entrance Examination is provisional, subject to they being eligible for admission to MBBS course.
- If ineligibility of a candidate is detected at any stage before or after examination/ declaration of result, his/her candidature/admission will be cancelled without any notice.
- The centre chosen for the Entrance Examination by a candidate is only his/her option. Actual centre will be allotted by AIIMS and will be final. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. The centre once allotted will not be changed under any circumstances.
- Any document/certificate submitted separately at later stage should bear the following title: “Registration Form No……. for M.B.B.S. Entrance Examination, 2015”.
- In case any candidate is found to have furnished false information or certificate etc. or is found to have withheld or concealed any material information in his/her application, he/she will be debarred from admission.
- Please see the help manual in the AIIMS website www.aiimsexams.org as well as the instructions provided at the end of the Prospectus for proper filling of application form.
Apply For AIIMS 2017 MBBS Entrance Exam Click Here
Fees For Registration:
|Unreserved & OBC||Rs.1000/-|