Finally, after a long delay due to some major concerns related to Examination & Eligibility, CBSE will start online registration for NEET-UG 2018 from 8th February. Last year, online registration had started from 31st January and due to controversy over upper age limit. After huge shout-out restrictions were removed and online registration were again opened for students above 25yrs of age. Since, National Testing Agency (NTA) has not been set-up yet, this year too CBSE will be conducting the exam.
Some important changes has been made this year. NEET-UG 2018 will be only entrance examination for Medical, Dental, Para-medical & Indian Medicine courses in India. CBSE job will be limited to conduct of examination & publishing of results. Counseling will be conducted by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) for 15% all India quota, Deemed University & ESIC, States will be conducting Counselling for State quota & self-financed Private Colleges.
Some important changes expected in NEET-UG 2018 are:
- NEET-UG 2018 will be conducted on 6th May 2018 across all states.
- Upper age limit for General will be 25yrs & for OBC/SC/ST will be 30yrs.
- Urdu language option will also be available along with 8 other languages.
- AYUSH & Para-medical courses will also be included.
- NIOS students are eligible for NEET-UG
- NEET-UG qualified students can only study medicine abroad.
- No changes in allotment will be allowed after 2nd Counseling.
- Attempt limit is likely to be removed from this year.