Multiple Choice Questions on Cell Cycle with answers. Topics covered are Cell Cycle, mitosis & meiosis. NCERT Textbook fully covered. Essential topic for all PMT Exams. Total 80 MCQs available with answers to increase your grasp over topic.
Multiple Choice Questions on Cell Cycle
1. DNA replication occurs in
a) S phase
b) G phase
c) G2 phase
d) M phase
2. The pairing of homologous chromosomes
b) Crossing over
3. Which aspect of mitosis is affected by colchicine in inducing polyploidy?
a) DNA duplication
b) Spindle formation
c) Cell plate formation
d) Chromosome doubling
4. Pairing of homologous chromosomes can be seen during
5. The cell cycle of a germinal cell has
a) two successive mitotic divisions
b) two successive reduction divisions
c) very short prophase in first division
d) one reduction division followed by one mitotic division
6. During cell division, sometimes there will be failure of separation of sister chromatids. This event is called
d) Non disjunction
7. In the cell cycle DNA synthesis takes place during
a) G1 phase
b) G2 phase
c) S phase
8. During metaphase mitosis chromosomes
a) undergo coiling
b) Move towards the poles
c) Line up at the equator
d) Break and disintegrate
9. A cell divides every one minute. At this rate of division it can fill a 100 ml of beaker in one hour. How much time does it take to fill a 50 ml beaker?
a) 30 minutes
b) 60 minutes
c) 59 minutes
d) one minute
10. In how many cells the meiotic division has taken place, if the total number of spermatids produced are 32?
11. Zygotic meiosis occurs in
12. Daughter cells are formed as a result of meiosis are not similar to that of parent cell because
a) Meiosis is completed in two stages.
b) Prophase is longest phase.
c) Nucleus size increases in daughter cells.
d) Crossing over takes place and chromosome number is halved.
13. During meiosis chiasmata are observed at
14. Number of mitotic divisions required to produce 128 cells from a single cell is
15. During which stage of prophase I the crossing over takes place?
16. During which stage of prophase I the crossing over takes place?
17. In a somatic cell cycle, DNA synthesis takes place
a) G 1 phase
b) G2 prophase
c) S phase
d) Prophase of mitosis
18. In somatic cell cycle-
a) in G1 phase DNA content is double the amount of DNA present in the origin cell
b) G 2 phase follows mitotic phase
c) a short interphase is followed b along mitotic phase
d) DNA replication takes place is S phase
19. Microtubule is involved in the
a) Cell division
b) DNA recognition
c) Muscle contraction
d) Membrane contraction
20. Mitotic spindle is mainly composed of which protein?
21. At which stage of the cell cycle are histone proteins synthesized in a eukaryotic cell?
a) During telophase
b) During S phase
c) During G2 stage of prophase
d) During entire prophase
22. Best material for the study of mitosis in laboratory is
b) Root tip
c) Leaf tip
23. Which one of the following precedes reformation of the nuclear envelope during M phase of cell cycle?
a) Decondensation from chromosomes, and reassembly of the nuclear lamina
b) Transcription from chromosomes, and reassembly of the nuclear lamina
c) Formation of the contractile ring, and formation of the phragmoplast
d) Formation of the contractile ring, and transcription from chromosomes
24. A cell divides every one minute. At this rate of division it can fill a 100 ml of beaker in one hour. How much time does it take to fill a 50 ml of beaker?
a) 29 minutes
b) 30 minutes
c) 59 minutes
d) 60 minutes
25. Cell plate formation is present in
a) bacterial cell
c) animal cell
d) plant cell
26. Which typical stage is known for DNA replication?
b) G1 phase
c) G2 phase
1. a) S phase
2. c) Synapsis
3. b) Spindle formation
4. a) Zygotene
5. d) one reduction division followed by one mitotic division
6. d) Non disjunction
7. c) S phase
8. c) Line up at the equator
9. c) 59 minutes
10. b) 8
11. d) Chalmydomonas
12. d) Crossing over takes place and chromosome number is halved.
13. a) Pachytene
14. a) 7
15. a) Pachytene
16. c) S phase
17. d) DNA replication takes place is S phase
18. a) Cell division
19. d) Actomyosin
20. b) During S phase
21. b) Root tip
22. c) Formation of the contractile ring, and formation of the phragmoplast
23. c) 59 minutes
24. d) plant cell
25. a) S-phase
Select Page no. from below to go to next page.
Comment & Share